Benefits of Local Honey
Local farmers have long known the benefit honey bees have in contributing to a bountiful harvest, but the honey created by the bees is a special reward all on its own!
- Honey is often used as a natural sweetener in food and beverages.
- Because of the antibacterial and antioxidant properties in honey, it has been used to treat wounds and included in a variety of natural healing remedies.
- Some believe that regular use of local honey can improve their tolerance to local pollen and airborne allergens, easing the response their bodies have in high allergy seasons like spring and fall.
The following Club Members have local honey available for purchase. Please contact the member directly to make arrangements for purchase.
T. Jacks Honey and Hive Products – Saint Charles, MO
Local honey harvested from hives in 63303. Our family processes small batches of local honey from our hives. This maintains the unique floral qualities of the honey for you to enjoy. We typically have several seasonal varieties of wildflower honey available ranging in color from light amber to medium amber and even some dark amber.
– 8 oz plastic squeeze bear $5
– 12 oz plastic squeeze bear $7
– 1 lb plastic squeeze bottle or glass bottle $9
– 1.5 lb glass bottle (pint jar) $12
– 2 lb glass bottle $16
– 2 lb glass bulk comb bottle (with comb honey) $18
– 2x 1 lb muth bottle variety packs in gift box $20
– 3 lb glass bottle (quart) $22
– 6 lb plastic bottle (1/2 gallon) $38
– 6 lb glass bottle (1/2 gallon) $40
– 12 lb plastic bottle (gallon) $70
We also cold smoke this quality honey to impart smoke flavors into the honey without compromising the great qualities of the local honey by heating it. We typically have five varieties available: Apple Wood, Cherry Wood, Peach Wood, Pecan Wood, and Hickory Wood. These will compliment your next BBQ as a glaze, marinated, drizzle on fruit dishes, sauces, and our favorite as the sweetener in corn bread.
– Trio Sampler with 3x 2.25 oz glass bottles $10
– 8 oz glass bottle $9
We have a limited supply of fresh comb honey from our hives. Our comb honey has won first place at the Missouri State Fair for several years!
– 2.0-3.5 oz Cut Comb Taster Pieces $3
– 8-10 oz Cut Comb $14
We have local beeswax available for crafting, woodworking, candle making, or many other uses.
– per oz $1
– per lb light $14
– candles sold by weight with multiple styles available from votives, tapers, pillars, and birthday
– per lb propolis stained (for waxing bee frames) $10
Lip balms ($2.50 or 3 for $6) several varieties available.
Local meet up around Page Extension and Upper Bottom Roads in St. Charles MO.
Mobile pay options available.
Ridge Trail Honey is raw, pure, local 2021 summer wildflower honey from Chesterfield, MO.
8 oz honey bears – $6
12 oz glass hex jars – $9
1 lb plastic hourglass squeeze – $10
3 lb glass jar – $25
Peppermint Lip Balm – $3
Contact Dan Schmehl
Do You Have Honey For Sale?
If you are an active Member of Three Rivers Beekeepers and wish to list your locally-harvested honey on this page, please use the button below to submit your request. Please note that only active, contributing Members of our club are eligible to post their offering. Each posting will remain for 30 days. If a request to renew the posting is not made to Three Rivers Beekeepers prior to the 30-day expiration, the posting will be removed.